How to disinfect kitchenware?

- Apr 22, 2018-

  We all know that when kitchen utensils are used for a period of time, we must thoroughly sterilize kitchen utensils. If we do not thoroughly clean and disinfect our kitchen utensils, pathogenic microorganisms will remain on kitchen utensils, and it may spread hepatitis A, typhoid, tuberculosis, etc. The health of the whole family must be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected regularly.

  There are three main methods of disinfection of kitchen utensils:

   1. Boil disinfection.

   Boiling disinfection method is suitable for disinfection of household utensils such as bowls, chopsticks, plates, dishes, pots, spoons, etc. This method is most simple and reliable in rural families. Specific practice: Place the washed bowls, pots, and other utensils upright in a pot, add fresh water to sterilize the sterilized dishes, and continue boiling for 5-15 minutes to achieve the purpose of disinfection. Then, drain the waste water and place the disinfected dishes in a clean cupboard.

   2. Chemical disinfection

   The chemical disinfection method is not as convenient as the boiled disinfection method in disinfecting the tableware, and therefore is often used in dishes that cannot be boiled and sterilized. Chemical disinfectants that can be used in rural households include bleaching powder, sulfonyl fluoride, peracetic acid, and potassium permanganate. Here, bleaching powders and sulfoxides are mainly introduced.

    3. Bleach disinfection.

   Bleach disinfection tableware is simple and effective. The 5% bleach solution soaked the dishes for 30 minutes to achieve disinfection. Use 1 tablet of dextrin into a paste, add 1000 ml of water into a disinfectant containing 200 mg of effective chlorine per litre, and soak the washed dishes for 5 minutes to achieve the same purpose of disinfection.

    Under normal circumstances, each disinfectant can be reused for 4 hours. Since bleach is a chlorine-containing disinfectant, the disinfected tableware often has a chlorine taste and it is irritating to humans. Therefore, a small amount of boiling water can be used to rinse the tableware before use, which can significantly reduce the chlorine taste.