Using a Swivel Peeler
1. Use a swivel peeler to remove the apple skin. For best results, start at the top of the apple and circle down the circumference of the apple. When done correctly, the peel should come off all in one piece.
2. Cut the apple in half. To do so, place it stem up on a cutting board and cut down from the center of the stem.
3. Make apple quarters. Place the halves flat side down on the cutting board and cut each half in half, making quarters.
4. Remove the core of the apple. Hold each quarter with the rounded side facing in your palm. Use a sharp paring knife to cut a large "V" around the core.
5. Pull the core away from the apple slice if it doesn't fall out on its own.
6. Cut your apple as directed by your recipe. Usually, a recipe will either call for apple wedges or apple cubes.