1. Place wrapped cheese in the freezer. Only allow the cheese to sit in the freezer for approximately 15 minutes. You want it hardened but not frozen.
2. Spray a light coat of non-stick cooking spray over the front of the cheese grater. Use only a little bit of spray as you don’t want to overcoat the grater.
3. Place cheese grater on a plate. Be sure the plate is sitting on a flat, sturdy surface as you may need to put a little bit of muscle into grating the cheese.
4. Remove cheese from freezer and unwrap. Consider only unwrapping the amount you will need (unless you plan to use the entire piece of cheese).
5. Grasp cheese with the towel for leverage and grate. Don’t press the cheese too hard against the grater but make smooth, swift motions up and down.